Wednesday, May 03, 2006

Two Coats of Tung Oil Applied

I needed to go to bed last night, but I just had to see what the wood would look like wet. So I just had to put the first coat of tung oil on. Two funny things happened, both good.

The first part of the process is sanding. The instructions say to use some fine sandpaper to sand away all imperfections on the body edges and neck. But as I inspected it I had one question: "What imperfections?" I searched and searched, and literally could not find one spot that didn't look great. So there was no sanding done. This saved a ton of time and I was able to get the first coat on before bed last night.

Then applying the first coat took all of ten minutes. This, of course, made me realize that I will have time to apply more coats while studing for finals. Horray!

The first coat of Tung Oil, right after application:
The first coat, after drying overnight:
The second coat, after applying:

2 comments:

Jacki said...

you should see Mike drooling over the pictures :)

Dave Cook said...

Maybe you should take pictures of mike drooling and make a blog out of that. I'd go to it.