Tuesday, May 09, 2006

It Is Finished

The pickguard and knobs came in from WD Music today, right after I took my Church History final. The timing couldn't have been better, so I came right home, unhooked everything from the old pickguard, put it all on the new one, and put the new knobs on.

One word describes the look of the completed guitar: perrrrdy (that's kentucky for 'pretty'.) "But," in the words of one of my childhood heroes, "you don't have to take my word for it. . ."





Now all I have to do is get a strap for it and keep playing the heck out of it. I might eventually tweak the wiring or perhaps get a truss rod cover that is black/cream/black like the pickguard instead of black/white/black, but those are small things. I'm calling it done.

2 comments:

Jacki said...

Come on, Dave, you know LeVar Burton is still your hero. Did you know Reading Rainbow is still on? The guitar looks bee-yoo-te-ful!

KenE said...

How did you manage to get Carvin to top the guitar with walnut? It looks so good I tried to get one like this myself, but I asked them and they said they don't do it.